Data Privacy and Security
Personal Data We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the information you give us. This may arise from you providing your information when making a booking on our website, by phone, email or in writing.
This also includes information you provide when you change/update your personal details, contact preferences etc. The name of the lead guest and contact information including email address, postal address, telephone number and details of your requirements for staying with us are required in order to facilitate your stay with us as a guest.
Royal Vale Caravan Park will not store any personal data other than that required for their business purpose. We will rectify any inaccurate data as requested by guests. Information held is checked or re-checked with guests on booking.
Why Personal Data is Collected
Royal Vale Caravan Park requires the collation and storage of certain personal data in order to carry out their business purpose as a campsite. The lawful reason for processing is that, as a guest with us, you enter into a contract with Royal Vale Caravan Park until your stay is complete. The data collected will be used to administer the agreement between the campsite and the guest and for no other reason without your express permission. If you do not allow Royal Vale to collect the required personal data to administer your stay, then you will not be able to stay as a guest at the campsite.
Royal Vale Caravan Park will not send any marketing communications by email or letter or any other form of communication other than for specific business purpose without your express consent. If you consent to receive marketing communications, you can then opt out at any time.
Sharing Personal Data
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Where We Store Your Data
How Long Personal Data Is Kept
As standard, Royal Vale Caravan Park will store personal data on their booking system for up to five years after your stay in order to give the best service to returning customers. If you do not want us to store your data for this amount of time, then please call Royal Vale Caravan Park and request that we remove your data and we will comply once your stay as a guest is complete.
If our contact and dealing with you is via our website(s), we may use “cookies” allowing us to identify your computer but not you personally. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your machine to help the site provide a better user experience. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping carts, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
Links To Other Websites
Your Rights in the Processing of Data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• On registering with us on the website, you must tick the box indicated if you wish to receive information for direct marketing purposes, otherwise you will not receive any marketing communications or newsletters.
• If you no longer want to receive the Royal Vale Caravan Park newsletter or marketing materials, you may change your mind at any time in writing or by email, or by pressing the unsubscribe button on the Royal Vale Caravan Park Newsletter.
• You may request details of personal information we hold about you under the GDPR data protection laws without charge. If you would like to know what personal data we have stored about you, then please call Royal Vale and request this information. We shall provide personal data within 30 days in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form. Machine-readable means that the information is structured so that software can extract specific elements of the data. This enables other organisations to use the data if you desire.
• If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
• Our Payment Service Provider provides a secure payment gateway, processing payments for thousands of online businesses, including ours. Transaction data is handled in a safe and secure way.
In addition, you know that your session is in a secure encrypted environment when you see https:// in the web address, and/or when you see the locked padlock symbol alongside the URL. So when buying through our site, you can be sure that you are completely protected.
If you want more information about how Royal Vale Caravan Park stores your personal data or would like to make any of the above requests, then please contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) Jason Smith at Royal Vale Caravan Park.